Why Support Cotting School
The generosity and dedication of Cotting’s community of parents, alumni, and friends has been instrumental in continuing our tradition of innovation and excellence. Without your help, we could not fulfill our mission to enable students with special needs to achieve their highest learning potential and level of independence.
The cost of the high quality of a Cotting education exceeds what tuition provides. Gifts to Cotting empower us to hire the finest teachers and provide the critical wide range of services that focus on the whole child.
Annual gifts enable us to:
- Create a Science curriculum based on the Massachusetts Curriculum Frameworks, including an accessible makerspace and hands-on learning lab
- Continue to provide a daily, targeted, literacy intervention block
- Apply daily living and academic skills through regular community inclusion experiences
- Give students a choice of more than a dozen elective class offerings to match their interests and aspirations, such as playwriting and production, international cuisine, horticulture, movie-making, and photography to name a few
- Remove barriers to learning through Physical, Occupational and Communication Therapies
- Teach self-confidence and collaboration through Adaptive PE, basketball, track
- Provide after school activities to foster friendships
- Maintain the health of medically complex students in our communities so that they can participate in classrooms
- Continue to offer robust professional development offerings to our staff which provide direct positive outcomes for our students and an overall contribution to the field of Special Education
- Keep current with assistive and instructional technology (SmartBoards, iPads, ChromeBooks, and so forth) to enable our students to be as independent as possible
Ultimately, gifts to Cotting represent not only faith in our work, but also belief in our collective future.
I invite you to visit and meet our students in person. Their energy, passion, and perseverance are contagious!
Feel free to contact me with any questions at any time. And, as always, thank you for keeping Cotting School and all our students at the forefront of your philanthropic interests.
Elizabeth C. Peters
Director of Advancement