HOPEhouse has a variety of flexible program options for each young adult to choose from in order to personalize their experience while enrolled in the program. All young adults have an opportunity to work toward their personal goals and vision for transition – life after HOPEhouse. All program options include a well rounded focus on all areas of daily living. The three options are:
- HOPEhouse School Day Program includes a combination of functional skill learning and practice along with vocational preparedness and a community internship experience.
- Vocational Program includes a combination of functional skill learning and practice along with a strong focus on vocational development based on a young adult’s likes, interests and work skill strengths. Internship placements can be established with a long term goal of finding paid employment within a young adult’s home community.
- Post-Secondary Education Program includes a combination of functional skill learning and practice with a focus of post-secondary education preparedness and/or opportunities. Young adults may be furthering their skills to meet college acceptance, or may be ready for higher education opportunities in inclusive college courses for credit or non-credit.
At the end of a busy day, everyone comes together to practice home life skills.
- Independent menu planning for breakfast and lunch
- Group dinner planning
- House Meeting with peers – time to touch base with others
- Prepare the food shopping list
- Food shopping
- Chores that include washing dishes, load/unload the dishwasher, set/clear the table, take out the trash, clean the floor, etc.
- Cooking – Chef of the Day
- Laundry every week
Some of the fun things that everyone participates in are:
- Recreation and Leisure – fun activities of our choice every week both at HOPEhouse and in the community
- Party Planning & Hosting special events at HOPEhouse
- Having friends and family over, watch television and play board games
- Going out with my friends – movies, restaurants, bowling, mall, play video games