- Augmentative and Alternative Communication
- Executive Functioning
- Positioning and Access
Flexible solutions to build capacity and accommodate your budget.View Brochure
Services supporting multiple assistive technology domains including:
Cotting Consulting provides technology focused assessments, consultation and professional development to improve curriculum access and functional independence.
- A basic assistive technology assessment covers one area of assistive technology such as writing, executive functioning or reading. It includes a records review, direct client contact for assessment activities, observation and/or consultation with key team members. This assessments is a good match for students who can work in blocks of at least 30 minutes, as all components are completed in one session.
- A complex assistive technology assessment covers more than one area of assistive technology or augmentative and alternative communication. It include a records review, direct client contact for assessment activities, observation and/or consultation with key team members. This assessment is completed over a minimum of two sessions.
- Presentations and trainings for small and large groups on a wide range of technology, executive functioning, social and educational topics.
Student Focused Consultation
- Direct teaching and therapeutic interventions
- Development of implementation plans
- Management and programing of equipment
- Monitoring and reporting student progress
Staff Focused Consultation
- Supporting best practices for technology integration
- Guiding the development and implementation of technology plans
- Assisting with curriculum modification and alternative assessment
- Mentoring therapists and teachers developing their own assessment and intervention skills
We match Cotting Consultants to the unique needs of each student, family and educational team.
Consulting StaffOur team includes speech-language pathologists, occupational therapists and educators with specialized training and experience in assistive technology.
Cotting Consulting Professional Development SuccessFabulous PD [professional development] day! Balancing reviewing theory and evidence based practice with the hands-on materials “make and take” was perfect! Thank you!
Cotting Consulting helped my sonThe recommendations we received from Cotting Consulting created a clear and easy to understand explanation of how assistive technology could be used to our son’s benefit.
- A Parent
Learn more about our consulting services
Karen Waddill, M.A. CCC-SLP ATP
Director of Cotting Consulting Cotting School
453 Concord Avenue
Lexington, MA 02421
Phone: (781) 862-7323 ext. 164
Fax: (781) 861-2947
*Flexible pricing and packaging of all services are available.