Massachusetts Sibling Support Network (MSSN) is thrilled to announce our
with a Sibling Mentor who will provide guidance, one-on-one support, and resource sharing.
If you are interested in being paired with a trained mentor, please fill out the application here.
Strategies for Strengthening Family Relationships During the Pandemic
Webinar, November 11, 2020, 6:00 p. m., with the Minute Man Arc of Concord.
Free Parent / Guardian Training. Explore ways to assist you in taking care of yourself while maintaining healthy interactions and infusing
some levity and positivity into your life.
- The changes in our lives over the past 8 months has been especially challenging for those who have loved ones with disabilities. Whether they are living with you with little or no external social interaction or living outside your home with your contact being limited, relationships within families are sometimes struggling with less patience and more tension.
About the speaker: Gail Okerman, Ed.M. , is an educational consultant working with numerous school districts, an Assistant Professor at Fitchburg State University and has co-authored the book “ Developing Minds: Essential Brain Based Strategies to Support Success” with her colleague, Chandler Creedon.
- Bring your questions to this informative session.
To register for this workshop, R.S.V.P. by Monday, November 9th to Jenny Mell: firstname.lastname@example.org
. Please include your phone number and e-mail when registering.
Planning for 2 Generations Workshop
Webinar, November 14th, 2020, with Burlington, MA, special-needs planning group.
Many children with a disability must be supported their entire lives, even long after their parents have died. Go beyond the limited boundaries of Wills and Trusts and hear about a road map to address your own family’s Special Needs.
- Planning for Two Generations covers the host’s Special Needs Planning Timeline™.
- The timeline highlights the various planning pressure points where parents should be aware of changes relating to their child’s benefits, legal and financial issues.
- The primary focus is to help parents avoid common mistakes and pitfalls in their own planning.
- In addition, hear about the new ABLE account and its potential role in planning for your child.
About the Speaker: Cynthia Haddad is a Certified Financial Planner. She is also has an adult brother with special needs, and is co-author of The Special Needs Planning Guide: How to Prepare for Every Stage of Your Child’s Life.
Virtual “Beyond The Spectrum” Art Classes for Teens 13-18
Online only, November 21st, 2020, with the Boston Museum of Fine Arts. For teens with Autism Spectrum and Aspergers Disorders ages 13 to 18.
- Focus on specific art topics and incorporate discussion, critical inquiry, and sketching in the galleries. Students then work independently on a project with guidance from an experienced instructor.
November Theme – TBA. Instructor: Ali Cohen.