Massachusetts Sibling Support Network (MSSN) is thrilled to announce our
with a Sibling Mentor who will provide guidance, one-on-one support, and resource sharing.
If you are interested in being paired with a trained mentor, please fill out the application here.
Lesley University Threshold Program Virtual Open House for Diverse Learners
Virtual Information Session, November 2nd, 4 – 6 p.m., 2020, with Lesley University Threshold Program in Cambridge, MA.
This virtual open house will offer young adults with diverse learning differences and their caregivers and families a chance to get firsthand information about the Threshold Program from faculty, the admissions team, and directly from alumni.
- Concentrations and Curriculum
- Independent Living Skills Training
- Social and Psychological Development
- Plus – Meet a Panel of Current Students
Social Engagement in Times of Pandemic for Families with Special Needs
Webinar, November 5th, 2020, with Massachusetts’ Families Organizing for Change. Social connections can be sustained, deepened, and even built during pandemic times.
- This workshop will offer a brief presentation the challenges we face as related to our role and relationship building efforts amidst the current pandemic, as well as the opportunities to stay connected socially within our communities, while physically distancing.
- Hear how to address the isolation and loneliness experienced during a pandemic, through shared practices in safe social engagement and connecting that foster belonging and friendships for all.
Strategies for Strengthening Family Relationships During the Pandemic
Webinar, November 11, 2020, 6:00 p. m., with the Minute Man Arc of Concord.
Free Parent / Guardian Training. Explore ways to assist you in taking care of yourself while maintaining healthy interactions and infusing
some levity and positivity into your life.
- The changes in our lives over the past 8 months has been especially challenging for those who have loved ones with disabilities. Whether they are living with you with little or no external social interaction or living outside your home with your contact being limited, relationships within families are sometimes struggling with less patience and more tension.
About the speaker: Gail Okerman, Ed.M. , is an educational consultant working with numerous school districts, an Assistant Professor at Fitchburg State University and has co-authored the book “ Developing Minds: Essential Brain Based Strategies to Support Success” with her colleague, Chandler Creedon.
- Bring your questions to this informative session.
To register for this workshop, R.S.V.P. by Monday, November 9th to Jenny Mell: email@example.com
. Please include your phone number and e-mail when registering.
Virtual “Beyond The Spectrum” Art Classes for Teens 13-18
Online only, November 21st, 2020, with the Boston Museum of Fine Arts. For teens with Autism Spectrum and Aspergers Disorders ages 13 to 18.
- Focus on specific art topics and incorporate discussion, critical inquiry, and sketching in the galleries. Students then work independently on a project with guidance from an experienced instructor.
November Theme – TBA. Instructor: Ali Cohen.
Love of the Game is a UMass Lowell club that organizes and runs sporting/fitness events for people with disabilities. We welcome all ages to our events! Most semesters we run in-person events at our recreation center which typically include basketball, soccer, floor hockey etc. This semester we are running virtual events that include yoga, kickboxing, zumba, active charades etc. Our events run on Sundays, and they start at 11:00 AM. This semester we are running a fitness event every other Sunday but are providing a video chat every single Sunday at 10:30 AM. We feel it provides us all with more opportunities to talk with people we do not regularly see due to the effects of COVID-19.
We have a fitness circuit event this Sunday (10/25). If you are interested in joining us or have any questions, send us an email at LOVEOFTHEGAMESPORTS@GMAIL.COM
or find us on Facebook: @LOTGSports or Instagram: @loveofthegameuml
The Love of the Game Team