Drive Through Jack-O-Lantern Spectacular
Providence, RI, through November 1st, 2020, 6:30 – 11 p.m. This year the Roger Williams Zoo will offer a Drive-Thru version of their Jack-O-Lantern Spectacular.
- Celebrate Special Places while staying safe inside your car enjoying thousands of intricately carved pumpkins as you immerse yourself in the sights and sounds of the Halloween season.
- Tickets are online sales ONLY and sold for each half hour. Jack-O-Lantern Spectacular is open rain or shine. NO REFUNDS OR RESCHEDULING.
Project Impact Benefits Planning & The Attainable Savings Plan
Webinar, October 21, 2020, 6 p.m., with the Parent Professional Advocacy League of Massachusetts. Open to Parents, Caregivers, Young Adults and Providers are are welcome to hear about Project Impact Benefits Planning and The Attainable Savings Plan.
Are you a parent or provider of a transition age youth looking for information about:
- Social Security Income (SSI) and Social Security Benefits for Students in Transition from School to Adult Life?
- Tax Advantaged ABLE Accounts?
If so, join in to learn more and have your questions answered.
About the speakers
* Kathleen Kelly is from the Massachusetts Rehab Commission and is a Student Benefits Counselor for transition age youth and their families.
* Mary Rubenis is the Attainable Outreach Manager at the Massachusetts Educational Financing Authority. She is a member of the College Planning team at MEFA and assists families and school professionals with college planning, financial aid and savings plans.
RSVPs required for the Zoom link to Kathy and Ann at Parentsupportgroup@ppal.net
FREE Online “Open” Q & A for parents, from AANE
Helping Children & Teens Foster Friendships During COVID
October 27 from 7:00 pm – 8:30 pm, Free/Registration required
DESCRIPTION: Jim Ross from the Widening the Circle project at the Arc of Massachusetts will speak and answer questions about ways to help our children and teens foster friendships under COVID-19 conditions.
Massachusetts Developmental Disabilities Council State Plan Input Public Forums
We want to hear from you!
The Council is hosting virtual Public Forums to help determine its goals and activities over its next 5-year State planning cycle. Individuals with developmental disabilities (DD), their families and other community members are invited to voice their thoughts on the critical issues and barriers they face in Massachusetts.
October 27, 2020—English
6PM – 8PM